Friday, July 13, 2012

Another Friday the 13th & An Amazing Vargas Batgirl Tattoo from Jess

First of all, it seems appropriate to share this tattoo today:


This tattoo belongs to Jess, who I met walking up 8th Avenue in the high 30's earlier this week.

It's a Friday the 13th tattoo special, inked by Sean McCartney at Ink Zone in Yorkville, New York.

Today is the the day when hordes of bargain-seeking ink hunters descend on shops offering up the $20 Friday the 13th-themed tattoo (that's $13 for the tattoo and a $7 tip). Two of the shops I know in Brooklyn that have done the event in the past are not doing it this month (more on that in the immediate future), but I believe Dare Devil in Manhattan is doing it again.

But I digress...

I posted the Friday the 13th cupcake because it was timely, but the piece that jumped out at me when I saw Jess was this, on her left arm:


This piece was inspired by a famous pin-up of Batgirl by Alberto Vargas.


Jess got this tattooed because she "just loves the pin-up style".

That tattoo was inked by Stacey Martin at Dovetail Tattoo in Austin, Texas.

Thanks to Jess for sharing both of these tattoos with us here on Tattoosday!


This entry is ©2012 Tattoosday.

If you are reading this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments:

Post a Comment